In this article, we’ll cover the following topics: –
- Punjab Employees Social Security Institution, Punjab
- Age Limit for Social Security Officer
- Requirement for the Social Security Officer Job
- How to Apply for the Social Security Officer?
- PPSC Test format for the Post of the Social Security Officer
- Training of Social Security Officer
- Job Nature /Duty of Social Security Officer
- Protocols of Social Security Officer
Punjab Employees Social Security Institution
The Punjab Employees Social Security Institution was established under the Provincial Employees Social Security Ordinance, 1965. It is an autonomous body under the administrative control of L&HRD (Labor and Human Resource Department). The basic purpose to establish this institution is the welfare of the labor by providing the best health facilities.
It is the responsibility of the Punjab Social Security Institution to provide comprehensive treatment in the social security hospitals. If the required medical treatment is not available in social security hospitals, the PESSI will arrange them in other hospitals at the cost of PESSI. In case the required facility isn’t available within the country hospitals, the PESSI will be responsible to arrange and ensure the medical treatment abroad at its own expense.
Age Limit to Apply in Punjab Employees Social Security Institution (SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER BS-16)
The age limit set of PPSC exams (Social Security Officer BS-16) in the Punjab Employees Social Security Institution (Social Security Officer BS-16) is between 21 to 28 years. You can participate in PPSC exams if you are 21 or above 21 and below 28. However, the concession on age to the already government-serving employees is granted according to age relaxation rules.
If you are already a government employee in any federal or provincial department, then your age limit is 33 years. Moreover, 5 years age relaxation rules are also applicable for disable persons as given in Punjab Civil Servants Recruitment (Relaxation f Upper Age Limit Rules, 1976).
Requirements for SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER Jobs
Master Degree (2nd Class) in Social Sciences with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from any university recognized by HEC.
Age should be 21-28 and maximum 35 (in case you’re already serving in any other department).
Domicile:- All Punjab Basis
How to Apply for SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER?
Download the Application form from the official website of PPSC. Read the application form carefully and enter the correct entries of the name. D.O.B (date of birth), qualification, religion, and domicile.
After submission of the form, download the Challan Form. Fill it and submit it to the bank with the required fee.
The bank will deposit two copies and one copy will be returned to you. Keep it safe and secure in your home.
In case of disability, you’re required to display a disability certificate when asked.
Must-Read Important Instructions to Candidates
PPSC Test Format for the Post of SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER
The test for Social Security Officer is carried out by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), as and when Communication and Works department communicates to the PPSC for the vacant Posts of Assistant Directors in different districts of Punjab.
The written test for the Post of Social Security Officer carries 100 questions on different subjects i.e. General Knowledge, Pakistan Studies, Islamic Studies, and General Sciences. It is an objective test and is based on MCQ’s format. The successful candidates are shortlisted for onward process i.e. physical test and interview, etc.
The Proportion of Questions in the MCQ test shall be approximate as following: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology (20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences (20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts (20%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural Studies (20%)
- General Knowledge (20%)
Duty or Job Nature of SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER
- To distribute Work among the staff.
- To assist in Human Resource Management.
- To conduct research studies as assigned by the authority.
- To maintain and update records of social security hospitals.
- To assist in the preparation of annual reports of social security hospitals.
- To maintain office decorum in the office.
- To perform any other duty assigned by the authority from time to time.
Protocols of SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICER
- Regular Government Service
- Government accommodation
- Free treatment from the government hospitals as well as hospitals on the panel of this department
- Promotion stages
- Annual increment salary every year
- Attractive salary package