The planning and Development Department is responsible to supervise and coordinate development programs in various districts and departments of Punjab. It sketches the overall MTDF (Medium Term Development Framework) of development activities in the province.
The Board of the Planning and development department also provides technical supports and coordination to various departments of the Punjab government.
Planning and Development Department, Govt. of Punjab, performs the following functions: –
- Formulation of provincial government policies and strategies for economic planning and development in the light of NEC’s guidelines and consultation with all stakeholders
- Preparation of Annual Development Programs and MDF
- Conduct and reviews the research, surveys, and socio-economic data
- Prepare short and long term provincial development plans and coordinates with the Federal government on this subject
- Resource allocation, funds development re-appropriation, and supplementary grant disbursement
- Budget, audit, and account matters of all development projects in the jurisdiction of govt. of Punjab
Qualification Experience for the Post of Planning Officer
The minimum education experience required for the post of Planning Officer, Planning and Development Department, Punjab is following: –
- 1st Class Master’s Degree in Economics/Statistics/Commerce/ Economic Planning/ Economic Policy/Agriculture Economics /Transportation Economics/Industrial Economics/Business Administration or Public Finance from a recognized University by HEC
- Two years of Experience of work or research in Development Economics/ Public Finance/ Banking/ Statistics
Age Criteria for the Post of Planning Officer
The age limit set of PPSC exams for the Post of Planning Officer, Planning and Development Department, Punjab is as following: –
Male: 24 to 35 years
Female: 24 to 35 years
You can participate in PPSC exams if you are 24 or above 24 and below 35 years. However, the concession on age to the already government-serving employees is granted according to age relaxation rules.
In Case of Relaxation of Age
Male: 24 to 35 + 5 = 40 years
Female: 24 to 35 + 8 = 43 years
If you are already a government employee in any federal or provincial department, then the age limit for males is 40 years, and for females, the age limit is 43 years.
Gender, Domicile, Place of Posting
Male, Female, and Transgender
Province of Punjab
Place of Posting: –
Anywhere in Punjab only
Subject and Syllabus by PPSC for the Post of Planning Officer
The written test for the post of Planning Officer will be conducted by PPSC. There is only one paper MCQ type written test containing 100 marks and 90 minutes duration. The syllabus is as follows: –
- 40% questions from the respective subject given in the qualification criteria
- 60% questions from General Knowledge including Islamic Studies/ Pakistan History
To appear in the Interview, candidates must obtain 5% marks in each subject.
Negative Marking: The negative marking will be done and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer of MCQs.
Job Description/Nature of Duty of Planning Officer
- To assist in the preparation and formulation of provincial government policies and strategies in development programs
- To assist in the preparation of Medium Term Development Funds and Annual Development Programs
- Conducts and reviews the research, surveys, and socio-economic data and provides this data to the Govt. of Punjab and Federation for further process
- Assists in process of preparation of short and long term provincial development plans
Promotion, Protocols, and Salary Structure of Planning Officer
- Eligible for Promotion onward after completion of 5 years of service with good ACRs.
- Official Residence allotted by the Govt. of Punjab
- Free health facilities for the family from any government hospital
- An official vehicle with a fixed amount of petrol
- All other protocols as per Punjab government rules.
Basic Pay: 28,000
House Rent Allowance: 5000
Conveyance Allowance: 5000
Medical Allowance: 2500
Total Estimated Salary: 42,000 /- (Forty Two Thousand Only)
Annual Increment as per Punjab government salary structure
Adhoc Relief Allowances from time to time provided by Govt. of Punjab
Any other allowance particularly for Planning and Development Department
How to Apply for the Post of Planning Officer?
PPSC exams are conducted every year by PPSC (Punjab Public Service Commission) to fill the authoritative posts (Vacant posts in BPS-16 or above) in different districts of Punjab. The advertisements are published in major newspapers by PPSC i.e. Jang, Express, Nawa e Waqt, etc.
After the publication of the advertisement, you can apply for PPSC exams through the online system. No one is allowed to send their application via postal or by hand. All candidates can submit their application forms online. The application form along with a complete guideline for online submission of applications is available on the official website of PPSC.
Before submissions of application forms, you have to submit the required fee (which will be given in advertisement and form will be available on the PPSC website) in any branch of State Bank and National Bank of Pakistan.