In this article, we’ll cover the following topics: –
- Communication and Work Department, Punjab
- Age Limit for Junior Petrol Officer
- Requirement for the Junior Petrol Officer Job
- How to Apply for the Junior Petrol Officer?
- PPSC Test format for the Post of the Junior Petrol Officer
- Training of Junior Petrol Officer
- Job Nature /Duty of Junior Petrol Officer
- Protocols of Junior Petrol Officer
Communication and Work Department
The Communication and Work Department is responsible for the development and maintenance of highways and bridges in Punjab. From Planning of the projects to the execution on grounds, this is the responsibility of this department.
There are various three attached departments under the administrative control of the Communication and works department i.e. Highways Department, Architecture Department, and District Support and Monitoring Department. It also manages the technical and financial matters of these attached departments.
Age Limit to Apply in Communication and Work Department (JPO BS-9)
The age limit set of PPSC exams (Junior Petrol Officer BS-9) in the Communication and Work Department (Junior Petrol Officer BS-9) is between 18 to 25 years. You can participate in PPSC exams if you are 18 or above 21 and below 25. However, the concession on age to the already government-serving employees is granted according to age relaxation rules.
If you are already a government employee in any federal or provincial department, then your age limit is 35 years. Moreover, 10 years age relaxation rules are also applicable for disable persons as given in Punjab Civil Servants Recruitment (Relaxation f Upper Age Limit Rules, 1976).
Requirements for Junior Petrol Officer Jobs
- Intermediate with 2nd Division or equivalent with FA/FSC/ICS
- Height for male should be 5 ft and 8 inches while for female the required height is 5 ft 4 inches.
- Chests measurement for male should be 33×35 inches.
How to Apply for Junior Petrol Officer?
- Download the Application form from the official website of PPSC
- Read the application form carefully and enter the correct entries of the name. D.O.B (date of birth), qualification, religion, and domicile.
- After submission of the form, download the Challan Form. Fill it and submit it to the bank with the required fee.
- The bank will deposit two copies and one copy will be returned to you. Keep it safe and secure in your home.
- In case of disability, you’re required to display a disability certificate when asked.
PPSC Test Format for the Post of Junior Petrol Office
The test for Junior Petrol Officer is carried out by Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), as and when Communication and Works department communicates to the PPSC for the vacant Posts of JPO in different districts Punjab.
The written test for the Post of Junior Petrol Officer carries 100 questions on different subjects i.e. General Knowledge, Pakistan Studies, Islamic Studies, and General Sciences. It is an objective test and based on MCQ’s format. The successful candidates are shortlisted for onward process i.e. physical test and interview, etc.
Training of Junior Petrol Office
The successful candidates are sent to the training department of the National Highways and Motorways Police in Sheikhpura. This training department provides training to all the officers of NH&MP and Communication Department of Punjab in a period of 4 months.
After it, the candidates are sent to different cities of Punjab for periods of two months for on-grounds training. After completion of two months, they come back to the training department, from where they are posted to different cities of Punjab. Thus, the total training period for a Junior Petrol Officer is 6 months.
Duty or Job Nature of Junior Petrol Officer
Junior Petrol Officer is the equal-rank Basic Pay Scale of Constable i.e. BPS-5. The job description of JPO is to provide security to an officer of the Communication and Works department. If any JPO has skills in the office working i.e. basic computer knowledge, noting and drafting, etc; he may be assigned such tasks, instead of a security job.
Protocols of Junior Petrol Officer
- Regular Government Service
- Government accommodation
- Free treatment from the government hospitals as well as hospitals on the panel of this department
- Promotion stages
- Annual increment n salary every year
- Attractive salary package