Cooperative Department, Govt. of Punjab, regulates the affairs of cooperative housing societies under Cooperative Societies Act 1925, and Cooperative Societies Rules, 1927. This department facilitates the cooperative housing society’s projects at the provincial level from planning to their execution to promote self-help, thrift, and mutual aid.
Objectives of Cooperative Department
- Improvement in socioeconomic conditions of persons via mutual aid and self-help
- Bring sustainability in the economic condition through voluntary cooperation
- To promote equality and democracy
- To develop cooperation among the community to bring thrift and resource building
- Self-help and mutual aid
Functions of Cooperative Department
- Provides access to information to the public regarding cooperative societies
- Provides guidelines and training to the member of cooperative societies about the cooperative principles
- Ensure compulsory savings amongst women
- Monitor the working of cooperative societies in Punjab
- Conduct audit, inspection, and inquiries in cooperative
- Arbitration of disputes in between societies
- Liquidation of societies
Qualification Experience for the Post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE
The minimum education experience required for the post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE department is following:
Bachelor’s Degree (2nd Division) from a University recognized by HEC (Higher Education Commission
Computer Literate. Preference shall be given to Graduates in Economics, Commerce and Agriculture.
Age Criteria for the Post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE
The age limit set of PPSC exams for the Post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE, Cooperative Department, is as follows: –
Male: 21 to 28 years
Female: 21 to 28 years
You can participate in PPSC exams if you are 21 or above 21 and below 28 years. However, the concession on age to the already government-serving employees is granted according to age relaxation rules.
In Case of Relaxation of Age
Male: 21 to 28 + 5 = 33 years
Female: 21 to 28 + 5 = 36 years
If you are already a government employee in any federal or provincial department, then the age limit for males is 33 years, and for females, the age limit is 36 years.
Gender, Domicile, Place of Posting
Male, Female, and Transgender
Province of Punjab
Place of Posting: –
Anywhere in Punjab only
Subject and Syllabus by PPSC for the Post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE
The written test will be conducted in the following four subjects. The distribution of marks is also given as under: –
Total Subjects: 04
Total Marks: 400
Sr. No. Subjects Marks
1. English Essay and Composition 100
2. Urdu Essay and Composition 100
3. Pakistan Studies/Islamic Studies/General Knowledge/Computer Literacy (MCQs) 100
4. History of Cooperative Movement and Cooperatives Today (MCQs) 100
To appear in the Interview, candidates must obtain 40% marks in each subject and 50% marks in the aggregate.
Negative Marking: The negative marking will be done and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer of MCQs.
Job Description/Nature of Duty of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE Societies
- To guide the people in Principles of Cooperation and management techniques
- Registration, audit, inspection, and liquidation of Cooperative Societies
- Implementation of policies/directions of the department and Punjab government
- To guide societies in planning their programs and execution
- Assist societies in obtaining finance and other requisites
- Assist societies to recover loans and outstanding dues from their members
- Inspection of subordinate offices
- Improvement in agricultural production through Cooperatives.
- Registrar of Cooperative Court
- Issuance of Orders on behalf of Registrar Cooperatives
- Act as Judicial Magistrate in cases of Cooperatives
Promotion, Protocols, and Salary Structure of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE
- Eligible for Promotion as Circle Registrar on 05 years of service completion
- Circle Registrar is eligible for the Promotion of Deputy Registrar or equivalent post upon 7 years of servicev completion
- Official Residence allotted by the Govt. of Punjab
- Free health facilities for the family from any government hospital
How to Apply for the Post of INSPECTOR COOPERATIVE?
PPSC exams are conducted every year by PPSC (Punjab Public Service Commission) to fill the authoritative posts (Vacant posts in BPS-16 or above) in different districts of Punjab. The advertisements are published in major newspapers by PPSC i.e. Jang, Express, Nawa e Waqt, etc.
After the publication of the advertisement, you can apply for PPSC exams through the online system. No one is allowed to send their application via postal or by hand. All candidates can submit their application forms online. The application form along with a complete guideline for online submission of applications is available on the official website of PPSC.
Before submissions of application forms, you have to submit the required fee (which will be given in advertisement and form will be available on the PPSC website) in any branch of State Bank and National Bank of Pakistan.