Job Title: FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
Department: Punjab Food Department, Govt. of Punjab
Basic Pay Scale: BPS-12
Gender: Male, Female, and Transgender
Qualification: Matric ( 2nd Division) from a recognized Board
Posting: Anywhere in Punjab
Status: Regular Basis
Punjab Food Department, Govt. of Punjab
Punjab Food Department was established in the Indo-Pak period during the 2nd World War in 1945 to meet the deficiency of food in the Indo-Pak region. After separation, the Punjab food department remained under the control of Govt. of Punjab, West Pakistan.
The vision of the Food department is to improve the quality of life of Punjab people by providing pure, natural, and high-quality flour at reasonable prices. It ensures the safety steps while processing flours and other food items in the industry.
Punjab food department performs the following functions: –
- Procurement of wheat for issuance to the mills
- Ensures the availability of wheat purchase to farmers at the support price
- Ensure food security and quality in wheat and wheat products
- Transportation from surplus to deficit regions
- Protection of wheat from all kinds of pests
- Ramazan / Christmas Food support packages
- Monitor all activities regarding food in Punjab
Qualification Experience for the Post of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
The minimum education experience required for the post of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR, Punjab Food Department is following: –
Matric ( 2nd Division) from a recognized Board
Age Criteria for the Post of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
The age limit set of PPSC exams for the Post of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR, Punjab Food Department, is as follows: –
Male: 21 to 28 years
Female: 21 to 28 years
You can participate in PPSC exams if you are 21 or above 21 and below 28 years. However, the concession on age to the already government-serving employees is granted according to age relaxation rules.
In Case of Relaxation of Age
Male: 21 to 28 + 5 = 33 years
Female: 21 to 28 + 5 = 36 years
If you are already a government employee in any federal or provincial department, then the age limit for males is 33 years, and for females, the age limit is 36 years.
Gender, Domicile, Place of Posting
Male, Female, and Transgender
Province of Punjab
Place of Posting: –
Anywhere in Punjab only
Subject and Syllabus by PPSC for the Post of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
The written test will be conducted by PPSC in the following four subjects for the post of FOOD GRAINS INSPECTOR. The distribution of marks is also given as under: –
Total Subjects: 04
Total Marks: 400
Sr. No. Subjects Marks
1. English Essay and Composition 100
2. Urdu Essay and Composition 100
3. Pakistan Studies/Islamic Studies/General Knowledge/Computer Literacy (MCQs) 100
4. Food Safety and Technology (MCQs) 100
To appear in the Interview, candidates must obtain 40% marks in each subject and 50% marks in the aggregate.
Negative Marking: The negative marking will be done and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer of MCQs.
Job Description/Nature of Duty of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
- Act as Health Inspector and Visits hotels, restaurants, bakers, and food manufacturing industries to check the food materials and food hygienic
- Charges fine to the responsible persons due to non-maintenance of quality material in the food manufacturing process
- Analysis of food samples to check availability of any poisonous chemical or material used in food
- Provide solutions for packaging and preservation of food
- Ensures hygiene food safety standards during the preparation of food and its packaging
Promotion, Protocols, and Salary Structure of FOOD GRAINS SUPERVISOR
- Eligible for Promotion onward after completion of 5 years of service with good ACRs.
- Official Residence allotted by the Govt. of Punjab
- Free health facilities for the family from any government hospital
- An official vehicle with a fixed amount of petrol
- All other protocols as per Punjab government rules.
How to Apply for the Post of FOOD GRAINS INSPECTOR?
PPSC exams are conducted every year by PPSC (Punjab Public Service Commission) to fill the authoritative posts (Vacant posts in BPS-16 or above) in different districts of Punjab. The advertisements are published in major newspapers by PPSC i.e. Jang, Express, Nawa e Waqt, etc.
After the publication of the advertisement, you can apply for PPSC exams through the online system. No one is allowed to send their application via postal or by hand. All candidates can submit their application forms online. The application form along with a complete guideline for online submission of applications is available on the official website of PPSC.
Before submissions of application forms, you have to submit the required fee (which will be given in advertisement and form will be available on the PPSC website) in any branch of State Bank and National Bank of Pakistan.